LoughHaven

In Harmony's Way up in Auburn Song Session.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Three Kerry Polkas

album cover
I heard Three Kerry Polkas by The Chieftains on the radio this week. It is track 3 on The Chieftains 5 album (1975). On the spot I decided to add the set to my tune book.


But it is not available on iTunes or on Amazon.com.


If you have this recording could you please tell me what the tunes are? I've heard the first one in session a few times, the middle tune is new to me, the third one is one of the Ballydesmond Polkas (#2 or was it #1?).


I really want to be able to listen to the record because it think it was the whistle counterpoint that caught my ear.


NetcastBy the way, the radio show is on every week, Thursdays 10 to noon PST, Temporary Village with Art Crimes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Saturday, September 15, 2007 4:14:00 PM, Blogger jaya said...

I found The Cheiftains 5 at the Auburn-Placer County Library this afternoon. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home